As a brunette, you don’t have to settle for dull or boring in the beauty department. You can choose from a range of shades and styles that complement your beautiful hair color and enhance your features.
Here are some tips for choosing the right makeup for your skin tone:
- Choose a foundation that is one shade lighter than your skin tone. This will give you an even glow.
- Apply concealer underneath the eyes to hide dark circles and blemishes. Use a yellow-based concealer so it doesn’t look red when blended into the skin.
- Use a bronzer on the cheekbones to give them more definition and contour, then blend it down towards the jawline using a brush or sponge applicator.
- Blend blush over the apples of your cheeks with a fluffy brush or angled blush brush so they look natural instead of caked on! You can also use highlighter on top of blush if you want more glowy cheeks!
Makeup for brunettes
Calling all brunettes:
Whether you’re a 24/7 ponytail up go-getter or the glamorous life of the party, being brunette is an empowering part of you. While picking the right eyeshadow color to bring out your eyes is a popular approach to enhancing your look, basing your makeup to go with your gorgeous colored locks can take your beauty to the next level. Here are our 6 makeup tips for a
1. Brow game on fleek
Instagram has spoken and brows are being fleeked from left to right. The secret to the best brows for brunettes is found in the highlights of your hair. It’s recommended that your eye brows be one or two shades lighter than your hair. Refer to the natural highlights in your hair as a reference color to fill in your brows. A tinted brow gel a shade lighter can really go a long way.
2. Eyeliner is all practice
Practice, practice and practice. Although black is the standard in eyeliner, navy eyeliner is stunning on brunettes of any eye color. Rock a bold wing or go for a more subtle smoked out lower lash line and be ready for the flood of compliments coming your way.
3. Smokey flare
Fact: Smokey eyes are dangerously stunning on brunettes. Go classic with a black Smokey eye or slay with smoked up copper eye shadow with black eyeliner. This combo is guaranteed to slay.
4. Contouring your best features
Warmer toned contour powder will sculpt your features for a glamorously chiseled look. Contour the sides of your face in the shape of a “3”, starting from your forehead to the hollow below your cheekbone and along the jawline. Use a warm toned bronzer and highlighter to add a sun-kissed glow and compliment your brown locks.
5. Lips to seal the deal
My darling brunette, there are many options for you when it comes to lip colors. The classic red lip will always be stunning for brown haired dames. Need an everyday color? Play with nudes of rich brown or pink tones for the optimal natural look.
6. Watch out for blushing brunettes
As for blushes, brunettes have all the fun. You can pull off a range of bold and bright blushes! Peach tone blushes can greatly compliment lighter brunettes while pink blushes nicely contrast darker locks. Do you want to take things a step further? Be more than brunette with our new mocha tones to bring out the best brunette in you. Remember ladies, hair is the new makeup.