India is a mix of cultures, each more different than the other. Equally diverse are the skin tones of the people in our country, ranging the entire spectrum of fair to lusciously dark. With this comes an obvious observation: there’s no such thing as the perfect lipstick shade for Indian skin, because you never know what ones skin colour may be and which undertones suit her. However, most Indian complexions are warmer as opposed to cooler with gold undertones, so that’s a definite starting point when shopping for lipsticks. Yellow undertones are another commonality—you’ll want to look for makeup shades that counteract that, leaving skin looking tan instead of sallow.
We have complied a list of the lipstick shades for medium skin tone India, lipstick shades indian skin, and lipstick shades for medium skin tone india 10 $2.37 26.
lipstick shades for medium skin tone india 10 $2.37 26
Creating an effortlessly beautiful makeup look is possible. When in doubt, stick to these lipstick shades for medium skin. They are absolutely gorgeous – and work well with cooler undertones.
- Blue-Red. Every makeup lover needs a fabulous red lipstick in their collection. The best way to rock this bold shade is to reach for something with a blue undertone. There are many blue-red lipsticks to choose from these days, but one of the most popular comes from MAC. Their Ruby Woo shade (about $17) is ideal for medium-toned cool beauty lovers.
- Bright Pink. One of the great things about a medium skin tone is how easy it is to rock a bold lip color! Bright pinks and magentas instantly add vibrancy to your look. An example is the Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in the shade Melted Fuchsia (around $18).
- Berry-Toned Mauve. In addition to vibrant pinks, berry shades are also a must. They are especially flattering with a hint of mauve. According to Makeup.com, deep berry tones and mauves are always a good idea for medium skin tones. Try one like the Outlast Longwear Lipstick in Magnetic Mauve from Cover Girl (right around $10) for best results.
- Pink-Nude. If you want to score the ultimate nude lip, then ditch shades that are ultra fair. A color that is too light can wash you out. Instead, look for a pink-toned nude shade. The pink tone creates a flattering separation between the lips and the skin. Look for something like bareMinerals GEN NUDE Radiant Lipstick in the shade Crush (just under $20).
- Coffee Brown. There is one trend that is hotter than ever right now: 90s inspired makeup. That means brown lipstick is everywhere, which is great for medium skin tones. For an on-trend look that turns heads, reach for a coffee-colored brown like Urban Decay’s Vice Lipstick in 1993 (about $17).
lipstick shades indian skin
- Yellow-Red. Unlike people who have cooler undertones, it is best to stick to a yellow-based red lipstick rather than a blue. This will give your skin a beautiful tan glow, according to InStyle. To rock the perfect red, choose a shade like the Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Red (about $29).
- Coral. Looking to add a little color into your life? Then be sure to pick up a bold coral lipstick. Not only is this a great summer shade, but it really complements medium skin. For the most flattering look, use an orange-toned lippie rather than pink. Something like the NYX Butter Lipsticks in Neon Lights (just over $5) will make you stand out.
- Peachy Nude. To achieve the perfect nude lipstick look, Allure suggests sticking with a peach-toned nude lipstick. Peach warms up the skin and prevents you from looking washed out. Choose a shade like Muneca from the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick line(about $20).
- Deep Mauve. Deeper shades of purple are always a good idea. Think rich burgundies, wine colors, and mauves. To embrace a vampier style, pick up something like the Wet ‘n Wild MegaSlicks Balm Stain in Lady and the Vamp (around $3) for a style that cannot be ignored.
- Rich Brown. Darker brown shades look great on women with warmer skin tones, and the are extremely popular at the moment. There are many colors to choose from, but one long-lasting option is ColourPop’s Ultra Matte Lip in Embellish (about $6).
top 10 lipstick shades for indian skin tone
indian skin lipstick