Finding the right color for your skin tone will boost your mood and complement your complexion. If you have medium skin, you’re neither very fair nor very dark, but you’ll still favor either cool, warm, or neutral undertones. The right lipstick shade can brighten your face and prevent you from looking washed out, and there are plenty to choose from.
We have complied a list of best lipstick for light medium skin, best lipstick shades for light skin, and which colour lipstick suits medium complexion.
which colour lipstick suits for medium skin tone
Creating an effortlessly beautiful makeup look is possible. When in doubt, stick to these lipstick shades for medium skin. They are absolutely gorgeous – and work well with cooler undertones.
Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Nectar
Maderich recommends this gloss for a bit of moisture and sex appeal because of the serious amount of shine this has. This is my go-to as the second step in my routine to apply over any of my lipsticks or matte products when I want to add a little sparkle to my look. It’s also the first thing I reach for on a date night for a high-gloss, plump look with just the smallest coral tint.
Rouge Hermes Satin Lipstick in 18 Rose Mexique
I’ll rarely shell out this amount of money for a lipstick, but when I was searching for a bright pink, all I found were ones with cool, pink undertones that looked far too unnatural on my skin. The warm undertone of this lip color makes for a gorgeous hot pink lip that isn’t jarring. I justify the price tag with the fact that one quick swipe on the lips is all I need for it to last me for a full day and night without any need for a touch-up.
Maybelline Superstay Ink Crayon in Trust Your Gut
“This Maybelline Ink Crayon in Trust Your Gut is beautiful and never comes off. It won’t peel or dry out your lips,” says Maderich. “Tons of makeup artists talk about it. I use it a lot at weddings and every single bride has loved it.”
I’ve used drying lip crayons in the past that turned me off of ever trying others, but when I reluctantly tried this, it felt so comfortable I nearly forgot I had it on. This pink is unique in that it has a brown undertone, so it’s perfect for neutralizing pigmentation on the lips.
Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick in Hippy Pink
This lip stain has garnered a cult following and over 6,000 five-star reviews on Sephora.com — and with good reason. Most lip stains have a reputation of being extremely drying and peeling, but this water-like formula applies smoothly and evenly with a doe-foot applicator.
With over 80 high-pigment, opaque shades to choose from, I’ve tried several of Sephora’s cream liquid lipsticks. But once I tried Hippy Pink several years ago, it became a go-to for me for long days when I knew I wouldn’t want to be bothered to reapply my color mid-day. With darker skin, it can be hard to find a light-colored baby pink that looks natural, but this shade is reminiscent of Jennifer Lopez’s signature light pink lip.
However, even when it comes to a good lip stain like this, Maderich emphasizes the importance of moisturizing. “Once you start to peel, you’re done,” he said. “If I plan on putting on a lip stain, I put a really thick ointment like Vaseline on the lips to really soak in for a good 15 minutes.”
which colour lipstick suits medium complexion
- Blue-Red. Every makeup lover needs a fabulous red lipstick in their collection. The best way to rock this bold shade is to reach for something with a blue undertone. There are many blue-red lipsticks to choose from these days, but one of the most popular comes from MAC. Their Ruby Woo shade (about $17) is ideal for medium-toned cool beauty lovers.
- Bright Pink. One of the great things about a medium skin tone is how easy it is to rock a bold lip color! Bright pinks and magentas instantly add vibrancy to your look. An example is the Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in the shade Melted Fuchsia (around $18).
- Berry-Toned Mauve. In addition to vibrant pinks, berry shades are also a must. They are especially flattering with a hint of mauve. According to Makeup.com, deep berry tones and mauves are always a good idea for medium skin tones. Try one like the Outlast Longwear Lipstick in Magnetic Mauve from Cover Girl (right around $10) for best results.
- Pink-Nude. If you want to score the ultimate nude lip, then ditch shades that are ultra fair. A color that is too light can wash you out. Instead, look for a pink-toned nude shade. The pink tone creates a flattering separation between the lips and the skin. Look for something like bareMinerals GEN NUDE Radiant Lipstick in the shade Crush (just under $20).
- Coffee Brown. There is one trend that is hotter than ever right now: 90s inspired makeup. That means brown lipstick is everywhere, which is great for medium skin tones. For an on-trend look that turns heads, reach for a coffee-colored brown like Urban Decay’s Vice Lipstick in 1993 (about $17).
best lipstick shades for all skin tones
light skin tone cream
which lipstick shade is best for medium skin tone
colour of lipstick for dark skin
lipstick shades for light to medium skin
lipstick color for medium skin
which colour lipstick suits for medium skin
which colour lipstick is suitable for dark skin