Are you looking for the best makeup for tweens? We’ve got you covered. Tween girls want to fit in so it’s incredibly important for them to wear makeup that many of their peers use. But with so many different options on the market today, how do you know which ones are right for your daughter? Don’t worry, I can help. This blog post will outline the best makeup for tweens and provide some recommendations to help you make the right decision
The best way to find out if a product is right for your tween is to start by asking yourself three questions:
- Is it age-appropriate? Tween girls are just beginning to experiment with their style, so choose products that are fun and age-appropriate. For example, lip glosses and nail polish are great choices because they’re subtle and don’t require much skill. And make sure that any products you choose have been approved by the FDA as safe for your child’s age group.
- Does my kid have time to apply it? You want to make sure your tween has enough time in their daily routine to apply makeup properly before school or after school activities. If they’re going to be rushed or distracted, then maybe a more complicated look isn’t right for them right now—but don’t worry! They’ll get better with practice!
- Will she wear it? Make sure your child wants to wear the product every day before buying it. It’s important that she feels confident in her appearance, so let her pick out something fun but also age-appropriate
Best makeup for tweens
5 Tween Makeup Kit Essentials
1. e.l.f. Hydrating Camo Concealer
As a tween, you probably don’t need a full coverage foundation, but a concealer is a great way to cover up under eye bags and small blemishes. This e.l.f. concealer will help even out your complexion and give your skin a boost of hydration so it doesn’t dry out throughout the day.
2. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
Mascara is a great way to open up and accentuate your eyes. It will help enhance your natural beauty by lifting and defining your lashes. You only need a couple layers to make an impact and this wand is perfect for tweens because it glides on smoothly.
3. e.l.f. Monochromatic Multi Stick
If you’re looking to add a little colour to your cheeks, the e.l.f. Monochromatic Multi Stick is a great blush option. It’s super easy to use and is a cream-to-powder formula that will add some shimmer to your cheeks. Bonus points because you can use it on your eyes and lips too!
4. NYX Butter Gloss Lip Gloss
As a tween, you don’t really need to wear lipstick to school, but a nice lip gloss with a smidge of colour will add a little something special to your look. NYX Butter Gloss is available in over 30 different shades so you can choose the one you love most!
5. Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer
Want to add a little glow to your skin? This bronzer will give you a radiant finish to smooth and brighten your skin tone. Made with murumuru butter, it’s packed with essential fatty acids that soften and moisturize the skin, plus it’s specifically formulated with hypoallergenic and natural ingredients for super sensitive skin.
7 Tween Makeup Application Tips
1. Less is more. Use makeup to enhance your natural beauty, not to hide your face.
2. Use moisturizer and sunscreen under your makeup everyday.
3. Opt for a tinted moisturizer over a foundation for a natural coverage that will even out your complexion.
4. Apply lip gloss in a pink or neutral shade for an age-appropriate look.
5. Use bronzer sparingly. Sweep it along your cheekbones, temples and forehead – think about the places where the sun typically hits.
6. Don’t overload on mascara. One to two coats is perfect!
7. Invest in brushes. The brushes that come with your makeup typically aren’t the best quality.
5 Step-by-Step Tween Makeup Tutorials
Everyday Tween Makeup Tutorial | Pretty Hair is Fun – Girls Hairstyle Tutorials
If you’re looking for an everyday tween makeup tutorial to enhance your natural beauty, we’ve found it for you! If you’re just getting into makeup this is a great routine. Less is more when it comes to makeup for tweens and in this video she takes you through her best tips and how she applies her makeup everyday. She recommends products like the MAC Powder Foundation, Maybelline Great Lash Mascara and Baby Lips Lip Balm.
My Natural Makeup Routine | Beginner’s Makeup Tutorial | Grace’s Room
This tutorial is perfect if you’re just starting to do makeup and want to learn what makeup to use and how to apply it. This is a great makeup look for when you’re going somewhere that’s not too formal but you still want to look nice. She uses products like the Hourglass Veil Primer, the Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer and the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and lets you know how and why to use each product.
Natural Makeup for Teenager / Tween | Fransceca Luongo
This look is perfect for the day to day, whether you’re off to school or heading to your friend’s birthday party on the weekend. It’s a natural makeup look that will give you an extra bit of glimmer. She recommends products like the Tarte Shape Tape Concealer, the Beauty Blender and the Benefit Gimme Brow for this look.
Middle School Makeup | 6th Grade | Sophie Michelle
If you’re feeling like you want to go a little more “extra” with your day to day makeup look, check out this tutorial! Using products like the Mario Badescu Facial Spray, the NYX HD Concealer, and the Wet ‘n Wild Highlighting Powder, she shows you how to get a gorgeous, tween-appropriate look!
Tween Makeup Tutorial! | Kaylee Marie
Just starting out with makeup and looking for some ideas and advice? In this tutorial, she takes you through her step-by-step tween makeup routine so you can follow along at home. She uses products including the L’Oréal True Match Concealer, the Maybelline Fit Me! Powder to set your concealer, and EOS lip balm to help keep your lips hydrated throughout the day.
If you’re a tween who’s looking to get into makeup, we hope our tips and essentials get you started on the right track!