A quick swipe of a well-suited lipstick can transform your look from drab to fab in a moment, but for us brown-skinned people, it may be tricky to find shades that suit our complexion. The search for the best lipsticks for medium skin tones can be long if you don’t know where to look. A nude lipstick may look fantastic on someone with a lighter skin tone, but if it is tweaked with a dash of hot pink, it can up the oomph factor of someone with a medium complexion effortlessly. We have complied a list of best colour of lipstick for a dark person, best lipstick color for big lips, and lipstick shades for medium dark skin tone.
which lipstick is best for medium skin tone
- Blue-Red. Every makeup lover needs a fabulous red lipstick in their collection. The best way to rock this bold shade is to reach for something with a blue undertone. There are many blue-red lipsticks to choose from these days, but one of the most popular comes from MAC. Their Ruby Woo shade (about $17) is ideal for medium-toned cool beauty lovers.
- Bright Pink. One of the great things about a medium skin tone is how easy it is to rock a bold lip color! Bright pinks and magentas instantly add vibrancy to your look. An example is the Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in the shade Melted Fuchsia (around $18).
- Berry-Toned Mauve. In addition to vibrant pinks, berry shades are also a must. They are especially flattering with a hint of mauve. According to Makeup.com, deep berry tones and mauves are always a good idea for medium skin tones. Try one like the Outlast Longwear Lipstick in Magnetic Mauve from Cover Girl (right around $10) for best results.
- Pink-Nude. If you want to score the ultimate nude lip, then ditch shades that are ultra fair. A color that is too light can wash you out. Instead, look for a pink-toned nude shade. The pink tone creates a flattering separation between the lips and the skin. Look for something like bareMinerals GEN NUDE Radiant Lipstick in the shade Crush (just under $20).
- Coffee Brown. There is one trend that is hotter than ever right now: 90s inspired makeup. That means brown lipstick is everywhere, which is great for medium skin tones. For an on-trend look that turns heads, reach for a coffee-colored brown like Urban Decay’s Vice Lipstick in 1993 (about $17).
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – Bare It All
Here’s a gorgeous nude to add a touch of class and cool refinement to your look. Infused with skin-loving vitamin E and avocado oil, this super moisturizing lipstick delivers rich, high-impact color to give those with a medium skin tone just the oomph they need to make their lips pop. The creamy, velvety texture and lightweight finish make it easy to wear this lipstick all day, every day. Whether you’re getting ready for work or heading out for brunch with your girlfriends, pair this lipstick with some mascara for a look that is both stylish and understated.
- Mynena Waterproof Matte Liquid Lipstick – Alicia
Get your hands on this glossy, super hydrating liquid lipstick and bid goodbye to lifeless, boring lips. Infused with hydrating vitamin E, this gorgeous liquid lipstick glides on beautifully for long-lasting, high-impact color, making your lips pop. Transfer-resistant and waterproof, it is the ideal lipstick for long, activity-filled days. And there’s more! The irresistible vanilla scent and velvety formula make this beauty must-have a hot favorite amongst those who like to always put their best face forward.
which lipstick is best for medium skin tone
- Yellow-Red. Unlike people who have cooler undertones, it is best to stick to a yellow-based red lipstick rather than a blue. This will give your skin a beautiful tan glow, according to InStyle. To rock the perfect red, choose a shade like the Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Red (about $29).
- Coral. Looking to add a little color into your life? Then be sure to pick up a bold coral lipstick. Not only is this a great summer shade, but it really complements medium skin. For the most flattering look, use an orange-toned lippie rather than pink. Something like the NYX Butter Lipsticks in Neon Lights (just over $5) will make you stand out.
- Peachy Nude. To achieve the perfect nude lipstick look, Allure suggests sticking with a peach-toned nude lipstick. Peach warms up the skin and prevents you from looking washed out. Choose a shade like Muneca from the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick line(about $20).
- Deep Mauve. Deeper shades of purple are always a good idea. Think rich burgundies, wine colors, and mauves. To embrace a vampier style, pick up something like the Wet ‘n Wild MegaSlicks Balm Stain in Lady and the Vamp (around $3) for a style that cannot be ignored.
- Rich Brown. Darker brown shades look great on women with warmer skin tones, and the are extremely popular at the moment. There are many colors to choose from, but one long-lasting option is ColourPop’s Ultra Matte Lip in Embellish (about $6).